Red-hot Liverpool strike target has transfer agreement in principle with new club

Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic already has an agreement in place with another club, according to a report.

Red-hot Liverpool strike target has transfer agreement in principle with new club

Red-hot Liverpool strike target has transfer agreement in principle with new club

The Fiorentina striker, whose reputation has been growing by the week, has scored four goals in seven appearances so far this season.

Speculation about the forward’s future has been raging all season with the 21-year-old refusing to sign a new deal in Florence.

Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester City and Juventus have all been named as suitors for the forward, whose contract expires in 2023.

Earlier this month, Fiorentina chief Rocco Commisso confirmed Vlahovic would be leaving the club in an upcoming window after rejecting the club’s proposals over a new contract.

That prompted renewed links with Tottenham and Man City after Pep Guardiola’s side missed out on Harry Kane.

The Mirror then claimed Liverpool’s Michael Edwards was planning a £77m Vlahovic transfer as his final act on Liverpool’s transfer committee.

Viola boss Vincenzo Italiano has tried to keep a lid on the talk. 

“Vlahovic has returned from three goals in two games with Serbia, he is back full of energy and full of energy. I see him calm and for me everything is fine,” said Italiano ahead of Monday’s clash with Venezia.

But the Serbia striker seems to have designs on a big move and Italian outlet Gazzetta dello Sport claim he already has an agreement in principle with another club.

 

The details are sparse but the outlet report Vlahovic will leave on a free transfer in 2023 or next summer for half of his current value.

The mystery club have not been named, but Barcelona are now believed to have entered the running.

Reputed journalist Gerard Romero says Vlahovic is the subject of interest from Barcelona over a move in January.

Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…

Wirtz going nowhere Elsewhere, Liverpool target and Bayer Leverkusen star Florian Wirtz is going nowhere.

Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller has issued a defiant statement over Wirtz’s future.

During an interview with Bild, the chief was asked about selling Wirtz. He said: “Nobody has to ask. Florian is in very good hands with us.

Liverpool and Sunderland among best picks as top four English leagues take shape

“With the exception of Bayern, there will always be a pain threshold at all Bundesliga clubs. With Florian Wirtz, however, the question doesn’t even arise.

“The boy is only 18 years old. Even in three years, he will only be 21. I’m very sure he will play for us in the 2022/2023 season.”

window.dojoRequire(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us2.list-manage.com","uuid":"0dbf0c85a1d332bd7bb792371","lid":"9014791a03","uniqueMethods":true}) })

READ MORE: Florentino Perez plotting raid for Liverpool transfer mastermind in stunning new role

The post Red-hot Liverpool strike target has transfer agreement in principle with new club appeared first on TEAMtalk.